EUVIP 2020 will select winners to receive the best Conference Paper Award and the best Student Paper Award. The final awards decisions will be taken after the presentation of these papers. The Awards Selection Guidelines are:
- Exclusions: The papers from the General Co-chairs, Technical Program Chairs, and Awards Chairs are not taken into consideration.
- Initial Score based Selection: The 5 accepted papers and 5 accepted student papers receiving the highest scores in the review process are chosen as candidates.
- Candidates Presentation: Authors of the selected papers will be informed before the conference and the candidates will be announced on the homepage.
- Award Selection Committee Work: The Award Selection Committee members will score candidate papers. The Award Selection Committee members will attend the poster/presentation giving a score for each paper.
- Award Criteria: The Award Selection Committee will consider the technical quality, the technical novelty, the potential impact, the editorial quality, and the presentation quality.
- Winners Definition: The paper receiving the highest score will be awarded as the Best Paper Award (even if the first author is a student); the paper with the second highest vote and with a student as the first author will be awarded the Best Student Paper Award.
- Issues: If there is any issue arising before the final decision can be reached, the Awards Selection
Committee will meet at the conference site to resolve.