Welcome to EUVIP 2020
EUVIP has always been a special scientific event for lively and close interactions between faculty, researchers, and students in the area of visual computing and image & video processing.
Unfortunately, it will not be possible to organize EUVIP during the planned period under the current world conditions due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
As such, the organizing committee has decided to postpone (for now) the event till 2021. The new workshop dates will be announced in due time. We will be closely monitoring the developments of the situation and we will update all of you on any new development.
We strongly encourage you to keep an eye on the website of EUVIP for updates and to continue submitting your excellent research work to EUVIP events.
The 9th European Workshop on Visual Information Processing (EUVIP) will take place in Paris, France, 14-17 December 2020. EUVIP 2020 continues the series of workshops on visual information processing, modeling, and analysis methods inspired by the human and biological visual systems, with applications to image and video processing and communication. EUVIP 2020 offers experienced researchers an intellectually stimulating environment for discussion and interactions with their peers, encourages early career researchers to widen their experience and horizons and guides Ph.D. students towards new research directions. The flagship theme of this edition is « Image Quality Assessment and Enhancement (IQAE) in the context of medical diagnostic imaging »
The conference program will feature oral and poster presentations, tutorials, challenge sessions, and a panel discussion session. The Best Regular paper will be selected for an award. EUVIP 2020 also offers the Best Student paper and Challenges Session awards/prizes.
As for the previous EUVIP workshops, all the accepted regular papers in the proceedings are expected to be published in the IEEE Xplore. Furthermore, authors of selected articles will be invited to submit an extended and substantially improved version of the EUVIP 2020 paper to a Journal Special Issue, related to IQAE in the context of medical imaging and diagnosis. Topics of particular interest to EUVIP 2020 include, but are not limited to:
- Computational vision models and perceptual-based processing
- Image restoration, enhancement and super-resolution
- Video processing and analytics
- Biometrics, forensics, and image & video content protection
- Depth map, 3D, multi-view encoding
- Visual quality and quality of experience assessment
- Color image understanding & processing
- Visual information processing for AR/VR Systems
- Vision assisted navigation
- Image & video compression
- Medical imaging
- Sparse & redundant visual data representation
- Image & video data fusion
- Image & video communication in the cloud
- Visual substitution for blind and visually impaired
- Display and quantization of visual signals
- Deep learning for visual information processing
- Image processing for autonomous vehicles
- Image & video forensic
- 360/omnidirectional image/video processing
- Vision assisted surgery